close

一个外国父亲教给孩子的人生信条  

1. Never waste water.

永遠都不要浪費水。

 

2. Listen to good music, especially jazz.

聽好音樂,特別是爵士樂。

 

3. Admire people who are not only good at what they do, but who love doing it.

尊敬那些不僅擅長做某項事,而且熱愛做所做事情的人。

 

4. Respect your roots.

尊敬自己的長輩。

 

5. Never waste food.

絕對不要浪費食物。

 

6. Your body is a beautiful machine. Eat right and exercise.

你的身體是台精美的機器。要保持良好的飲食習慣,常鍛煉。

 

7. Never waste money.

絕對不要浪費錢。

 

8. Be kind to children and animals.

對孩童和動物都要和善。

 

9. Be a good friend.

做一個夠義氣的朋友。

 

10. Never waste anything.

不要浪費任何東西。

 

11. When you’re watching a nature show on television, don’t feel too bad when the lion kills the gazelle because the lion has to eat, too.

當你看見電視上的動物世界裡獅子吃掉羚羊時,不用感到痛心,因為這就是食物鏈。

 

12. There’s always something.

凡事總有希望。

 

13. Don’t scuff your shoes.

不要把鞋穿壞。

 

14. Anticipate what could go wrong—something always goes wrong—and try to prevent it from happening. If it happens anyway, learn from it.

要對不幸的事情來臨有所準備——雖然有時事情總會變的很糟,但要在事情變壞前有心理準備。無論發生什麼事,都要從中得到教訓。

 

15. Act a little cocky.

平時表現的要自信些。

 

16. There’s only one way to do things: the right way.

凡事總有解決的辦法,但要找准正確的方向。

 

17. When you’re screwing something in, make sure it’s on good and tight, but don’t overdo it, or you’ll strip the screw.

當你想把什麼事情牢牢抓緊時,要把握一個合適的度,否則你就會失去。

 

18. Don’t take the little sticker off the peach until you’re ready to eat it because the sticker will rip the skin and make it go bad faster.

除非你想吃掉桃子,否則不要輕易把它的貼紙撕掉,因為你撕掉貼紙,會扯破掉桃子皮,那樣它會壞的很快。

 

19. Listen to people. Listen to their stories. Listen deeply. That’s how you learn things.

學會聆聽。聽他們的故事,要認真入神。因為那是你學東西的方式。

 

20. Love your family. They’re for always.

熱愛家庭。他們是永恆。

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 C.H. 的頭像
    C.H.

    C.H.的部落格

    C.H. 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()